As we begin to transition from Summer to Fall, I thought I’d break down some makeup trends for the new season and give you some ideas on how to wear them, whether it’s to work or play.
1. Monochromatic Terracotta:
This is beautiful on darker skin tones but just as nice on pale girls, like me (can also use more tawny browns).
2. Natural Looking Brows
We want to see those individual hairs, so use hairlike strokes with a brow gel, pencil or teeny brush with powder to create naturally groomed brows.
3. Casual Red Lips (or equally trendy Plum):
Even more trendy if it’s matte and blurry. Apply one coat, blot with a tissue. Repeat that step a few times to create a muted deep lip. You can even use a finger or q-tip or brush to soften the edges.
4. Clean Dewy Skin (or glossy lips):
Keep those tinted moisturizers around a little longer. Go for products that are illuminating or radiant. You could also lean on that facial oil you’ve been wanting to try.
5. Smudged Out Eyeliner (aka soft smokey eye):
Put the black liner down and try something a little softer this fall. A deep brown/bronze, eggplant, emerald or navy liner smudged on the top and bottom lash line will create a beautiful soft smokey eye.
A few more trends:
1. Neon Eyeliner- I’m living for the Neon trend but I don’t know if I’m bold enough to wear this one to the playground.
2. Pastel Eyeshadow/Watercolor Eyes- It’s beautiful but I can’t imagine wearing this trend IRL. Can you?
3. Graphic Eyes- This trend is another that I can’t really see myself wearing this kind of eyeliner in my daily life.
4. Watercolor Blush- This is when the blush is applied on the cheekbone (where we’ve been putting highlighter) for that truly David Bowie look.
5. Crystal Freckles- You’re telling me to stick some gems or pearls on my face like freckles? It’s a no for me.
6. Enchanted Eyes (aka glitter)- I could get behind this trend. That muted red lip makes it a bit more edgy and modern. Can’t you see rocking it during the winter holidays?!
What do you think of these trends? Do you have a favorite? Will you try any of them out?